The Rogers Park Food Co-op is governed by an owner-elected Board of Directors.
The owners of the Rogers Park Food Co-op meet together annually to elect a nine-member Board of Directors. The board serves as the governing body for the co-op by representing the ownership at large in setting strategic policies to further the co-operative mission and vision.
All owners in good standing are eligible to run for a seat on the board. Directors are typically elected to serve 3-year terms with the exception of seats made vacant by incomplete terms.
Although there are many ways in which individuals may be involved with the RPFC through volunteering, committees, or special assignment, serving on the board is the highest level of commitment an owner can make to the co-op. The Board of Directors not only has an ethical duty to represent the owners in the best of their capacity, but the board has a legal fiduciary duty to do so.
Owners interested in learning more and running for an elected seat on the board may read the Board of Directors Candidate Information Packet. Completed applications may be emailed to [email protected].
We invite all owners and community members to read these documents and consider serving in this grassroots, community-owned business.
Any RPFC Owner in good standing may run for a seat on the Board of Directors by meeting the following criteria:
- Be an Owner in good standing - By October 15, 2019
- Attend Orientation Session for Prospective Board Candidates - Saturday, January 11, 2020, 10:30am-Noon, Rogers Park Library, 6907 N. Clark St.
- Fully complete and submit the Board Candidate Application with photograph - By January 27, 2020
- Attend a minimum of one regular Meeting of the Board of Directors - 1st Thursday of each month (more details here).
- Agree and sign the Director’s Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct, and Director Working Agreement